Southern Cross Scholarship

Thanks to the generosity of our funders, we're now offering a limited number of scholarships for our 21 day Southern Cross course.

If you're aged between 18 and 26 years old, you could be eligible for a scholarship for our February 2020 Southern Cross Course - valued at $4,349.

Applications closed at 5pm on Thursday 31 October 2019 however we will still accept your application if you submit one by Monday 4 November.

Course date: 3 - 23 February 2020

Take the opportunity to connect with diverse kiwi cultures on the ultimate Outward Bound experience with a twist!

Get involved in all the outdoors has to offer, sailing, kayaking, rock climbing & tramping.

This is your opportunity to discover what is important to you and explore cultural identity and diversity.  You'll find yourself as an individual as well as finding your place in a team.

Push your boundaries, make new mates and unlock the potential you've always had in you.

I walked away from Outward Bound with inner and outer strength. I felt like I could take on the world and nothing could stop me.

- Sammy Jane Garret, Hillary 559

soco4

Soco1

soco3

soco2

Eligibility Criteria

• Applicants must be aged 18-26 yrs old
  • Applicants need to write in 300 words why you want to attend Outward Bound, what you hope to get out of your course, why a scholarship would help you accomplish this (see application form below).
  • Scholarship value is $4,349.
  • All applications are subject to Outward Bound’s standard terms and conditions, including medical screening and fulfilling our enrolment criteria.
  • This offer does not cover travel to and from Picton, travel insurance, or the cost of a doctor’s medical examination.
  • This offer is not available to businesses or international students.

Fill in the form below to apply

Fields marked with * are required.