Begin your journey to Outward Bound by visiting our courses page. Choose the adventure that's right for you, select the date and complete the online booking form with your details.
Simply pay your $500 deposit to reserve your place then check out the steps below to learn what happens next.
Within 1-3 days of making your booking, you’ll hear from a member of our enrolment team.
You’ll have a quick chat to discuss the course and they’ll ask a few simple questions to make sure the programme is right for you.
You’ll then receive an info pack by email. This contains:
- A medical form - complete it with your doctor no sooner than 90 days before your course start date. Return it to us by the date given in your email info pack.
- An enrolment form - tells us a few more details about you, your next of kin and how you would like to pay for course.
- A gear list – a quick checklist of what to bring and what not to bring on your adventure
- Travel info – key tips and reminders for your journey to Anakiwa. You’ll need to be at the Picton Ferry Terminal by 12.30 on the day of your course.
- Get fit tips – quick and easy advice for boosting your fitness in preparation for the course
To make sure you’ll be safe and sound throughout your course, we ask you to complete a medical and have it signed off by a doctor. You’ll need to do this no sooner than 90 days before your course and send it to us no later than 8 weeks before your course begins. Please also make sure you have booked a place on your chosen course prior to downloading a medical form.
Please note there may be a small fee to pay for your medical appointment, often between $35-70.
Confirmation and payment
Once your medical has been approved by our nurse, you’ll receive a letter confirming your place on your course.
If you’re responsible for settling the full course fee, you’ll need to pay your balance at least 8 weeks before your course start date. Find out more in our Terms & Conditions.
Ways to pay
- Send us a bank transfer
Account Name: For the Outward Bound Trust of New Zealand
Account Number: 03-0584-0296369-00
Please also include your Outward Bound booking reference in the particulars.
- By cheque – made payable to The Outward Bound Trust of New Zealand
Don’t forget that one of the best ways to cover your course fee is by fundraising. Look up our super simple guide to fundraising now and get ahead of the game.
If you’re an international participant, make sure to check out our international payment terms and fees.