Ka Mahi Scholarship Application - Outward Bound

Ka Mahi Scholarship Application

Please check that you meet the following funding criteria before completing the application form:
  • I am a New Zealand Citizen or Resident currently living in New Zealand
  • I am aged between 18-26 years
  • I am volunteering in my community or I am experiencing financial/personal hardship

Please read:

Scholarship funding is only available for select Ka Mahi courses throughout each year.

Ka Mahi scholarships are available thanks to the support of our generous donor community and the Outward Bound Foundation Trust. Funding of up to 70% of the Outward Bound course fee is available depending on circumstances. Each scholarship recipient is responsible for funding the remaining balance of the course fee, plus all associated travel and medical costs.

Please do not book yourself on a course and then apply for a Ka Mahi scholarship. Successful applicants will be booked by our Enrolments team.

All applicants will receive a response regarding their application by email or phone within 30 days from submission.

Successful applicants must pay a non-refundable $100 deposit fee within 7 days of accepting a Ka Mahi scholarship offer. Unpaid deposit fees will result in the cancellation of any existing Ka Mahi scholarship offer.

Fields marked with * are required.

APPLICATION

E.g. I am volunteering in my community or I am experiencing financial/personal hardship

VOLUNTEERING / COMMUNITY WORK (IF APPLICABLE)

PERSONAL DETAILS

*you must aged between 18-26yrs to be eligible for this scholarship

What words would you like us to use when not using your name, such as; he, she, they etc.

e.g. NZ European, Māori, Pasifika

You must be a New Zealand Citizen/Resident to be eligible for scholarship funding.

BASIC HEALTH INFORMATION

TERMS & CONDITIONS

By submitting your application, you accept the following terms and conditions;

• You have read our Participation Guidelines and are aware that if successful, you will need to disclose information about your physical health, mental health and criminal history. This is to help Outward Bound determine if this is the right time for you to attend a course.
  • The application must be completed by the person wanting to attend the course
  • You must be within 18-26 years of age
  • Scholarship recipients are responsible for covering the cost of travel to and from Picton (where our courses start and finish)
  • Scholarship recipients are responsible for covering the cost of completing an Outward Bound medical form with their doctor or nurse practitioner. 
  • As Outward Bound NZ is a non-profit organisation, scholarship funding is only available to NZ Citizens and NZ Residents
  • Ka Mahi scholarship funding is restricted to certain courses and course dates
  • A post course letter, email or video is asked of successful applicants to share with our donors.

Outward Bound will contact you upon receipt of your application by email or phone within 30 days.