See our current list of vacancies across our organisation.
The Outward Bound School at Anakiwa is a specialist training provider, which supports people to reach their full potential through challenge in the outdoors.
We are looking for a second Tauira Kaitunu Kai - Apprentice Chef or Kaiawhina Manaakitanga - Catering Assistant to join our catering team at the Outward Bound School.
This is an amazing opportunity for a candidate who can demonstrate a passion and keen interest for a vocation in the hospitality industry, to gain a qualification via a NZ Apprenticeship in Cookery under the tutelage of Marcel Rood.
Outward Bound New Zealand aims to inspire personal and social development through value-based experiential learning in an outdoor environment. Our Instructors are integral to the high quality of the courses that Outward Bound New Zealand delivers and the work of an Outward Bound instructor is both challenging and rewarding.
During an Outward Bound course, two Instructors work with each group of 14 students. The instructors stay with their group or ‘watch’ for the whole course, so we need to employ ‘generalist’ instructors who can lead groups white water kayaking, tramping, sailing, rock climbing, and in the high ropes course.
Instructors also need to have excellent people skills and must be able to both manage the safety of their students in challenging backcountry outdoor settings and facilitate learning and development by delivering the Outward Bound New Zealand Kaupapa.
- Qualifications in Outdoor Education are desirable but not essential
- You should have solid experience in two out of these key areas; Tramping, White Water Kayaking, and Sailing
- You should ideally have experience as an Educator or Facilitator
- Rock Climbing, High Ropes and other outdoor activity experience is helpful
- Applicants should have NZ residency or be able to get an NZ Work Permit
Viewing time: 15 minutes