About the course
PARTICIPANTS WILL EXPERIENCE:
- Outdoor and physical activities such as high ropes, camping and journeys at sea. The exact programme is a surprise but there will early starts, late nights and lots of fun
- Active reflection and workshops exploring what was learnt from each activity
- Three qualified instructors and three support workers
- Living, sleeping and working with 10 others from all around New Zealand
- Some nights will be spent staying in a bunkroom at the school in Anakiwa and others exploring the Marlborough Sounds.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
- Specialist activity and safety equipment
- Food and accommodation for the duration of the course
- The option to borrow clothing. A gear list will be provided.
Participants will need to pay for their own medical and travel costs.
PARTICIPANTS WILL GAIN:
- Resilience: Solution focused skills to manage challenge, uncertainty and change
- Mindset: Understanding how your thoughts, feelings and actions impact your wellbeing
- Empowerment: A deepened sense of personal identity, belonging and an acceptance of who you are. Understanding your values and how to use them to guide your goals, decisions and actions
- Teamwork: Develop your ability to work in a team and build connections with people in your community.
What you'll need
When you come to Outward Bound, there are items that you will need to bring with you and items that we will supply. As for the things that you need to bring - we encourage you to borrow as many items as you can, or buy second hand!
Check out our course gear list for a full run down and some hot tips on what to bring and what not to.
Meet Leonie, OB's Adapted Course Partner
Kia ora, I have spent my adult life providing opportunities for people to discover their potential through sharing experiences in the outdoors. After study in New Zealand, some overseas adventures and raising three children, I was lucky enough to step into the Adapted Course Partner role at Outward Bound New Zealand.
To me Outward Bound is all about empowering people, allowing individuals to find their own voice, connect with our beautiful environment and connect with others. I love that I can be the starting point for someone’s Outward Bound journey.
You can get in touch with Leonie on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (04) 282 1090.